Lady Rose To Her Lord - A Flower Song
LADY ROSE TO HER LORD
(A FLOWER SONG)
Forget me not, Sweet William
I have been as a wallflower
Waiting for you.
Viola, Pansy, and the others
Say you have been untrue.
Have you found some English Daisy
Whose petals are so fine
And fragrance so divine
As to make you forget so easily
About mine?
Or a lovely, shrinking Violet
Whose shyness enraptures you so
That you could not bear to go
And return to the lonely Rose
Who loves you so?
I am withering away with worry
Wondering if you
Have cut the stem between us,
But what can I do?
Love means so little without trust.
So, patient I shall try to be,
But remember, Sweet William
Your Rose awaits most eagerly,
My heart shall yearn
My soul shall burn
For your swift return
To me.

Comments
Post a Comment