Ugly - A Poem

 




 

UGLY

 

I am sad, I am lost

I am the ugliest of the ugly,

I am beyond repair

Wabi-sabi me, go ahead

I dare you

Try to find the beauty

In my ugliness,

Seek out my redemption

It is not there,

Discover my true self

It will stun you,

I am not what you want

To see or know of –

I am merely the representation

Of my discarded spirit,

I am not me

Anymore.

I am alone, I am hurt

I am the loneliest of the lonely,

I am beyond despair

Enlighten me, go ahead

I beg of you

Try to find one reason

For me to smile,

Look for my companionship

I offer none,

Search for my inspiration

It is dead,

I am not what I was meant

To be or dreamed of –

I am solely the result of

Misguided love,

I am not me

Never will be – again.

 

Another of my "depression poems". It helps so much to write out my feelings, to banish them from my mind. If you're feeling sad, grab a piece of paper or your tablet and write down what you're feeling. I promise it will help!

 

Comments